Adventures of a Dancing Kumquat

Following the saga of the little citrus with terpsichorean tendencies

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Always Prepared

The kumquat asks her readers to pause a moment and ponder this serious question: Have you ever, in your daily ramblings, found yourself in a situation where you really need to scrape batter off the sides of a bowl, but had no rubber spatula in your possession?

If you've never considered such an event, the kumquat thinks that you've been neglecting an impending crisis. These spatula-requiring situations may not be common, but the kumquat fears the dire consequences that might arrive if everyone keeps adopting such a cavalier attitude towards spatula-carrying.

These consequences, however, will not befall the woman the kumquat saw when she was indulging in her regularly-scheduled afternoon coffee-sluttiness. This vaguely-granola, but other-than-that-rather-normal-looking woman had a rubber spatula sticking out of her pocket.

The kumquat urges her readers to follow in the footsteps of such an obvious visionary. The kumquat can envision a whole line of personal spatula products. Keychain-mounted spatulas in designer colors! Foldable spatulas to store in your wallet! Spatula necklaces, bracelets and belts for the really avant garde.

The possibilities really are endless.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have silicon spatulae... I wonder if I can get implants! [tangelo]

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I just use my finger (or my tongue) in those desperate cake-batter-but-no-spatula situations.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger junebee said...

My mother suffered from the no-spat situation. I remedied it the folling Christmas by purchasing an array of spats for her. You see, I am so fond of them that I have a nickname for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home